Used Macs Prices

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dingdongbubble, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Can you tell me a place to check out how much an old Mac should cost today?

e.g A Core Duo iMac should cost $xxx after depreciation considering its technical hardware ONLY today.
    A Core Duo iMac should cost $xxx according to the market price today.

Is there some kind of place like that and if there is nothing like that then maybe MAcrumors should be the first one to start it!:apple: :D :apple: :D

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

eBay can tell you what people are willing to pay :)

3. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does it have its own section of market research and analysis? I do not want to go around looking at hundreds of auctions up there and try to figure out what the market is upto.:confused:

?:confused:

4. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

If you want to look on eBay, register yourself for an account and do an advanced search. Members have the ability to search completed auctions which will give you an idea of what people are paying for comparable systems.

There is also this place which gives you an estimate of what macofalltrades will pay you for your computer. They then turn around and sell it for a profit. So keeping that in mind, I would say your computer is worth about $200 more than what they quote you. Then you probably want to factor in upgraded RAM or hard drives as well...

5. gaelan macrumors regular

http://www.mac2sell.net/

6. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a