Used macs, where can I get them..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gianpan, Jun 5, 2009.

1. gianpan macrumors member

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap used Mac (that's around 1000 euro max maybe something more depends on the machine).

I am mostly interested in programming, but as I play some games from times to times, considering I am ok with gaming on my P4 2.8 with ATI 3850 (well I can play crysis:p) it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest.

At first I was looking for a 24 iMac with 8800GTS but I can't seem to find any good deal on this one (always talking about used).

I am thinking I should maybe get a macbook white (With the 9400M) and maybe later buy a PC for gaming.

Ebay hasn't been very helpful, I am in europe (no apple store where I live) so is there any place like a market on a mac forum?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Does your country have something like eBay? Most of the products from eBay does ship worldwide, but you have to be sure before you buy it. There are also refurbished Macs but they're not available in all countries.

3. MTI macrumors 65816

Some non-traditional places to look:

College campus when school is about to end. Students and graduates are constantly upgrading or needing cash.

Office or firms that do design or advertising work often need to clear out old technology, though most places with IT people frown on handing devices that may have data on them out to unknown folks.

4. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

It would help if you gave your actual location. Europe is rather big. For Dutch, Belgium and German prospects, there is www.tweedehandsmac.nl (or .be, or .de or .com). Other countries, I don't know.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Online apple store in your country, under "special deals"

Craigslist

6. gianpan thread starter macrumors member

yeah sure, I am in Greece.

Keep in mind I am looking for a used mac.

craiglist, hmm I don't know there was a nice deal (24 imac with 8800GTS) for something like 800€ but it was probably scam.

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

CL (craigslist) can have some sweet deals if you are johnny on the spot with cold cash, but you must remember to use it for local transactions only. Meet at a public location, have a bill of sale ready, and exchange the item for cash there.

8. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a