Used MB 13 (MB466LL/A) value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mic575, Feb 28, 2010.

1. mic575 macrumors newbie

I have seen some recent auctions of Used MB aluminum, previous generation MB466LL/A 13.3, 2.0 Ghz 160hd end at 850-950.

Do these really hold their value that much or are sellers having friends bid the price up and buy them if need be.

Any thoughts. Thats an amazing level of value to hold for a computer.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Being as my previous post was deleted without any notification, I guess it's not against the forum rules to discuss.:confused:

Anyway Mac's do generally hold there value better than PC counterparts (part of the attraction that drew me to Apple in the first place).

3. mic575 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just interested in why these older MB and MBP's hold there value so well. Considering the next update being soon and the fact that people even complain about the current versions being outdated technology. It's really interesting. Maybe Steve Jobs buys them all.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

SJ buys them to keep the supply down, which then drives the price of those left for sale up, allowing more money to be spent on future Apple products. :D

I would imagine that it's because the initial price of Apple products is generally generally higher than PC counterparts. This could be prohibitive to potential customers who wish to 'dive' into the Apple world, hence they buy used for a slightly cheaper price than the original. Then they feel that they received a good deal.

5. mac88 macrumors 6502

That's the Macbook that I own and I must say that it is a very well put together machine. They do hold their value but you can get a great deal on them when they show up in the Apple Refurb. Store.