Used MBA SSDs on ebay, legit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by VNM, May 28, 2011.

1. VNM macrumors member

Recently there have been a number of postings on ebay selling used 'blade' SSDs for the latest MBA models, both 128 and 256GB models. All these listing come out of China, and the sellers have good feedback, but anyone bought/installed any of them? The only other source I know of is OWC, but they are more expensive. So, any experience with the used ebay SSDs?

2. Mode-III fan macrumors member

That's a tricky one. I personally wouldn't trust the sellers you mention. I wonder if there are folks on eBay selling their original blade SSDs who upgraded their MBAs with the OWC drive.

3. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Can someone post/PM me a link for the 256GB SSDs? I can only find one 256GB blade SSD from a guy based in Guangzhou... for $529.

I'd rather get the OWC one for $20 more if they're all that expensive.

5. VNM thread starter macrumors member

Hm, still not sure about the sellers, looks like nobody has bought them. To the poster above, the 256 is $450 USD, search for macbook air ssd and it should come up.

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Search for 'macbook air ssd 256' got me what I wanted. Thanks! :D

$462 shipped isn't too bad. Might pull the trigger on this soon...

...or maybe I'll wait till prices drop :p

7. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

If I was going to spend that kind of money on a upgrade, for warranty and reputable company, I would invest the extra $130 for the 240GB OWC. Plus it has higher read and write versus the Toshiba. But as many, I will wait for a price drop.