Used my Monitor Cleaning Solution on Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Enzobot24, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Enzobot24 macrumors member

I made a 50/50 distilled water and isopropanol mixture. I normally use it on my Dell monitor.

I decided to use it to clean my Touch screen. Afterwards, I read in the manual that alcohols are on the "Do not use" list.

Do you guys think I'm ok? Or did I just damage the anti-scratch coating?

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

There's no "anti-scratch" coating. The screen is glass. Your cleaning solution won't hurt the screen. Just don't use an excessive amount. You don't want water getting inside the touch.

3. henchosbandito macrumors member

just out of interest, did it bring the screen up nicely?

4. Enzobot24 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it worked well.

The thing is, I have sweaty palms...so I can't just rub off fingerprints with the dry-cloth provided by Apple - at least without some water.

But yeah, it's didn't streak at all. Distilled water, by itself, works well too.

5. darkmeton macrumors member

Before I applied the "Invisible shield" on my touch I had to clean it from dust. So I used The common cleaner they use in window glasses. It worked perfectly!! No need to buy special screen cleaners and stuff. It's such a rip-off. The use the same liquid and put it in a different bottle. The common window-glass cleaner is also anti-static so dust and particles did't get stuck on my screen during the installation of IS.

6. swano macrumors member

I use the same lens cleaner and cloth I use to clean my glasses. I spray a bit on the cloth I use and wipe it off. I'd be a bit paranoid to spray it directly on the screen since some moisture could seep thru the home button or something.