Used the Itouch wifi today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by njguyfla, Sep 10, 2008.

1. njguyfla macrumors member

I went to the City Hall parking lot where I live because I knew it was a hot spot (low reception) and then I went to McDonald's because they have a free wifi sign. I got lunch and tired to connect. I did not know you needed to ask for a coupon code to connect.

I emailed myself from Yahoo mail to Gmail. I also went to a message board and posted on there are it was pretty cool. A little awkward typing on it but still very cool.

I think the beaches around here may have free Wifi. I know I connected once via my PC on Fort Lauderdale Beach.

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

You can ask for a coupon to connect from McDonalds? Is it free? I always thought you had to pay them money for their wireless plan.

3. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Don't call it that.

4. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

If it says "free wifi" outside it is free. Some paces charge. When I was in NJ they charged (I never used it there) here is free in a few places.

It's called a coupon, because that the mode you have to pick to imput the code on the McD website when you log in to their wifi.

5. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

Don't call an Iphone an Iphone.

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

:confused: The point he's trying to make is that most people think the term iPod Touch is the only suitable term. iTouch is blasphemy or something, let alone Itouch, which is an eye sore.

Just to clarify, you're using a new Touch? How was the reception and everything?

7. Strategy macrumors member

Theres always one. Shut the hell up and stop ******** up the thread.

8. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

Its 1st gen.

The reception was very good at the McD. I also used public wifi in front of city hall, but the signal was weak, it was slower but it still worked.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I don't care at all for the "OMG it's not iTouch!" thing, but technically they are right. The actual product is called an iPod touch not iTouch, while the phone really is called an iPhone. So your example...fails.

10. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

No- don't call an iPhone an iNe.:eek:

Doesn't look too good with the 2nd, third, and fourth letters cut out/, does it??? :) Call it the Touch or iPod Touch, makes you sound less like a molester than "iTouch" :p

11. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

That's the new Apple KidToucher. (kTouch)

12. darkmeton macrumors member

LooL! aeTats! :p