Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

windowsblows

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Why non of you ever told me how incredible Macs are is just plain wrong. None of you ever told me that my life would change forever.

That I wouldn't have to spend my life waiting for my machine to boot.
That Unix is under the hood!!!
That I wouldn't have to run Anti Virus programs which hog all my resources.
That I could use RapidWeaver.
That I wouldn't have to reboot every other day.
That I would be more productive than ever.
That Macs SCREAM!!!!
That I could type at night and see my LIT keys.
That I wouldn't have to deal with registry files.
That I could... and the list is enormous.

Why none of you tied me to a tree and made me listen is flat out wrong. Didn't you're mothers ever teach you how to share? Bastards

:)

P.S. For 20+ years I've steered as many as I could away from Macs. I used to say that "Macs were for dumb people who were afraid of a DOS prompt". What an Idiot I was... and for my sins, I'm sorry.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes you heard me right!

Why non of you ever told me how incredible Macs are is just plain wrong. None of you ever told me that my life would change forever.

That I wouldn't have to spend my life waiting for my machine to boot.
That Unix is under the hood!!!
That I wouldn't have to run Anti Virus programs which hog all my resources.
That I could use RapidWeaver.
That I wouldn't have to reboot every other day.
That I would be more productive than ever.
That Macs SCREAM!!!!
That I could type at night and see my LIT keys.
That I woudn't have to deal with registry files.
That I could... and the list is enormous.

Why none of you tied me to a tree and made me listen is flat out wrong. Didn't you're mothers ever teach you how to share? Bastards

:)

P.S. For 20+ years I've steered as many as I could away from Macs. I used to say that "Macs were for dumb people who were afraid of a DOS prompt". What an Idiot I was... and for my sins, I'm sorry.

Did you also steer clear of spellcheck?

windowsblows

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
You didn't ask :p

I was too busy rebooting to ask :) In all seriousness. I'm amazed that Apple hasn't taken over the PC market. I'm on 182 days without rebooting. Just the other day I realized that I still had Photoshop running with in another "Space" along with a browser with 12 tabs. My Macbook Pro just doesn't slow down!!!

Next to my Segway, I've never been so impressed. And yes, I've been told how incredible Macs were but was too stupid to listen.

"The problem with designing something that’s totally idiot proof is that society is always designing a better idiot" - Steve Jobs

I was the world's biggest idiot.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Yea, those who think like that most likely just haven't seen all the fact. OS X can be a powerful OS(terminal is highly scary if you don't know what you're doing...which I don't always)

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
lol.. gotta love the obsessiveness of some newbies :p

brilliant stuff though, welcome to the clan :D

PTP

Tmlcky

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
Haven't you noted that the Apple has a bite?
You knew it was there, now you have given the bite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.