Used Wrong Mac OS X Install Disk on A1181 2.17GHZ Macbook. Deleted Start up Volume.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knoxville, Mar 4, 2013.

1. knoxville macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So I was in the process of trying to do a clean install on a 2.17GHz white macbook using the gray Mac OS X DVDs that came with my 2.1 GHz white macbook. I found out that each computer has their own unique disk.

Problem is, I began erasing the harddrive, then I cancelled it after I realized it was a bad idea. Now I cannot boot into the computer, but am stuck in an endless loop of booting from the CD. I do have a copy of the 10.6 DVD, but cannot get the Gray disk to eject.

What should I do?

Thanks!

2. justperry, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Hold the Mouse button, spacebar or eject button at startup, this should eject the disk.

Edit: Remember, As soon as you hit the enter button or select to go ahead with erasing a disk it is too late to recover, even a second later, so next time think before you hit that button, hit yes and leave it or no and don't do anything at all.

3. knoxville thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! This was priceless advice and certainly a good lesson learned. I won't be making the same careless mistake next time. Thanks again for your post! This worked :) :)