Used Xbox 360 prices getting lower

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by oneMadRssn, Jun 25, 2013.

1. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

After this year's E3, I am looking forward to buying a used Xbox 360. I was hoping to have one of the later revisions, which I hear load a bit faster and are quieter.

I have not ever owned a console (long story) and haven't played a console game for real since college on PS2. I figure, now might be a good time to pick up an Xbox, with the abundance of great $5-20 second-hand games out there. I hear GTA4 was alright, and Fallout3 looked cool.

Anyway, how soon do you guys think the Xbox 360 S will drop to $50 or so on ebay or other second-hand markets? Or, when will it's price drop begin to platue post Xbox One launch?

2. Apple fanboy, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I have the first white generation Xbox 360 and the later black one and I can tell you they are both loud!

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They are both load what? :p

I could have sworn that I saw a refurb offer on slick deals for $60, latest gen not too long ago. Either way, not being into gaming like many, I look forward to picking up some of these games I only bought when released for school-aged nephews at the $60 price tag, for much less. Such as, Mass Effect Trilogy for $20 (fingers crossed). Consider that people will likely unload their consoles as November draws near.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Actually, the guy at the MS Store said they were selling it for $50 off all packages up before E3. Missed out - $149 for a basic unit is great.

Prices are back up. Rumor is that there will be no price drops for the XB360. The basic unit is already at $199. Maybe a price drop for the 250 Gig HD version to $249 when Sony drops the price of their basic unit to $249 and Nintendo does price drops to the Wii and Wii U.

The MS Store was having some sort of special - $25 off any purchase over $175 if you tried Bing out.

Other than that, the retail units will hold their value. Used units will go down in price as many will be trading them in for the next-gen units.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Loud not load. Dislexia + auto correct = gibberish!

6. oneMadRssn thread starter macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Really? Lots of reviews say that the Xbox 360S, the smaller squarer black version that came out in 2010, is much quieter than the older bigger and rounder Xbox 360 models (both black and white).

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's my experiences with it. I've got a bud with the smaller black 360, and I have to hover my ear close to three inches to it before I can hear the fans quietly buzzing along inside.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Quieter but not quiet. Depends on what you are doing, but if your playing a game on disk they are both pretty noisy.