Useful Tip To WiFi Only iPad Owners

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRance, May 31, 2010.

1. iRance macrumors regular

Have no money to buy an app that let's you save web pages for offline reading? Just go to the website you want to save,and then take 1 or multiple screenshots of it by holding the home button and sleep button for a second.
    Those screenshots will then be saved to the Photos app.Once you're done reading them,just delete.

This is also useful for people who do not want to use the browser that comes in offline reading apps.

2. 0101001 macrumors 6502

3. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Or you can use this free app and not waste your time filling the camera roll with pictures of websites.

http://offlinepag.es/

4. aleni macrumors 68020

hey. that's actually a nice tip. anyway, when i browse the appstore, i always take screenshot of apps that i need to check the review online later. never tought using it for reading website. thanks. :)

5. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I often video the pages I view with a cam corder then play them back at my leisure on my big screen TV later on.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

FYI: Links in this post are iTunes links

Offline Pages is free. Setup is a bit clunky and it's not as refined as Instapaper, but if you really can't spare $4.99 after spending $499 it will do the trick.

Also not sure why this is only useful to WiFi owners. There are a lot of 3G owners that don't use 3G regularly (like me) but do cache web pages to read in case (free or otherwise) WiFi may not be available.

7. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

+1 I have yet to buy a data plan for mine.

8. aleni macrumors 68020