Useful windows software to run

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Woodbags, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Woodbags macrumors newbie

I've set-up Windows 7 on my MBP using VMWare Fusion, and using spaces I've now got both desktops running side by side. The reason I did this was because the p2p software Sopcast does not work on OS X and I use this to watch the football.

It's frustrating me that I've the partition and other operating system are only being used for one reason.

What other useful software could I install on the Windows partition that will complement OS X.

2. szolr macrumors 6502

Hahaha. I've got to say it seems crazy to me to run an OS for one reason alone. If you paid for VMWare, even more crazy. But hey, your choice.

Incidentally, you will be running Windows not as a partition-that's only with Boot Camp. VMWare and Parallels are virtualisation software. :cool:

I'd say you might as well make use of some of Windows greater affinity for games. More precisely than that would depend on your choice of games. But things like FIFA aren't available for OS X.

In this situation though, it might be more helpful if you asked if anyone knows an alternative way to accomplish the same task you want without turning to Windows only software. ;)