Useless but Cool Idea

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maclovin', Jul 15, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

I just thought of this yesterday...wouldn't it be cool if you could switch home screens on the iPod by jerking the iPod in the direction you want to go(kind of like how you do in TapTap Revenge). Like I said in the title...it's kind of useless, but it would be pretty darn cool to show off to friends. It was kind of inspired by all the people(including me) who want the XMB on PS3 to have SIXAXIS control as well. Thoughts?

2. pisces03x macrumors regular

I for one have like, 5 home screens. I'm pretty sure I'd have some trouble going from, say the first to the fourth without skipping and going to the fifth.

Still though, it would be a neat feature to have. Kinda like cover flow in the Remote app.

And yeah, a sixaxis XMB would be great. (Kinda getting off topic, do you know if the PS3 firmware 2.40 can be downloaded, knowing that it will not brick your PS3?)

3. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Ya, I'm not saying that would be the only way of changing home screens, just have it as an option so you could show off.

I downloaded 2.40 on the day it was released, and had absolutely no problems with it...but 2.41 is out now, and that is brick free as far as I know.