Useless iphone

LordBiggz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Hello everyone,

I've recently run into a cycle of problems with my iphone 4g 32gb ever since the ios 5 update. It was jailbroken but I wanted to sell it so I tried restoring it with the ios 5 firmware (non-beta) and it fell into a recovery loop, if I remember correctly. I then used tiny umbrella to exit and tried restoring with a custom firmware. That allowed me to get past the activation stage and be able to use the dashboard but the service said "searching..." constantly, wifi was greyed and showed "no wifi" and bluetooth was disabled. Eventually a error popped up telling me I couldn't make any calls and I had to restore. after trying to restore once again an itunes error popped up "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (-1)". I cannot find anything about a "(-1) error" and now it's pretty much in a recovery loop again. And yes, I am putting it in DFU mode. Any suggestions? I bought it from a friend quite a while ago so no taking it in...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hello everyone,

I've recently run into a cycle of problems with my iphone 4g 32gb ever since the ios 5 update. It was jailbroken but I wanted to sell it so I tried restoring it with the ios 5 firmware (non-beta) and it fell into a recovery loop, if I remember correctly. I then used tiny umbrella to exit and tried restoring with a custom firmware. That allowed me to get past the activation stage and be able to use the dashboard but the service said "searching..." constantly, wifi was greyed and showed "no wifi" and bluetooth was disabled. Eventually a error popped up telling me I couldn't make any calls and I had to restore. after trying to restore once again an itunes error popped up "the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (-1)". I cannot find anything about a "(-1) error" and now it's pretty much in a recovery loop again. And yes, I am putting it in DFU mode. Any suggestions? I bought it from a friend quite a while ago so no taking it in...
Sounds like you have a hardware issue.
When wifi and bluetooth are greyed out and you're getting no signal and keep searching no amount of restoring or trying to restore to custom JB ipsw's will fix that.

LordBiggz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Well that sucks... So what should I do now? Is it fixable? or If I sell it as is how much would it go for?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hello everyone,

If you are getting error -1, use Redsn0w to kick it out of recovery