User Account Deleted

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hoch2888, Dec 15, 2008.

1. hoch2888 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    So it's finals week, and I restarted my computer, and when it came back on, it went to the login screen. My computer never goes to the login screen. I looked at the accounts that were present, and none were mine. Only the "Other..." button was present, so I clicked on this and attempted to manually type in my account name and password, and I was unable to log in. I was able to access the computer through the System Administrator login (root name and master password). My harddrive still shows my name under the User Accounts, however when I go into the System Preferences to make changes to my accounts, only the root account shows. All of my information is still here, but is there a way to restore the account, so I can go back to using my machine with all of its settings? If it's any help, I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 on a Macbook Pro 17", 2.16ghz (1st generation).

Thank you all so much.

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

If nothing else, you can create a new user account and drop all your documents and your old /users/%name/library/ folder into it.

3. hoch2888 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, that's what I did so far... hoping i can get all my settings (including itunes playlists and stickies notes back)... thanks for your reply