User account gone after AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportsfanMAW, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi all, so I just got my 15in MBP back from apple today after having some extensive repairs done. However when I boot up the computer to log in the only user account option it gives me is "other" I don't know the username or password for "other" and therefore can't log on. I tried my name and the password it was before and it didnt work. I do have my whole computer backed up to an external hdd but if their is just a simple username and password I can enter to get back in that'd be a lot faster.

Thanks in advance!

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Can you take it back. Normally Apple will ask you to boot up before leaving the store to make sure everything is running. Give them a call and ask what they did :cool:

3. sportsfanMAW thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They just closed.. I'd have to wait until tomorrow and at that rate I could just restore from backup...

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

If you're confident that you have everything backed up, looks like a good reason to do a complete wipe & re-install if you haven't done one in a year or so.

5. sportsfanMAW thread starter macrumors regular

Well I just got on using the username root and my password. All of my applications are there but my preferences and music arent. Also no harddrive appears on the desktop. I guest I will just restore though..