User Account Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Blarnld, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Blarnld macrumors newbie

I have a problem with a Dropbox feature. After exploring solutions with Dropbox, there seems to be an issue with my User Account (Admin.) I created a new User Account and installed Dropbox and the issue went away. Is there a way for me to create another User Account and keep my password the same as my old User Account?
    Thanks!

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

No use a different account password just in case! Plus on you old account open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain and find the password section for Dropbox plus if your using a modern version of Safari look in it’s Preferences to see if you find a password there too to delete!

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

You can always set up a new user account, and use the same password that you already use on another account. Nothing prevents that, unless you need to use the same account name (which won't be allowed anyway), plus, it's not exactly a good security plan.

4. NoBoMac Moderator

NoBoMac

Staff Member

Add to @DeltaMac, might want to also consider having two accounts: an Admin account and an "everyday" user account. So that not always working in an elevated privileges environment.