User Account not visable on login page

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stubeeef, Feb 4, 2010.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have 3 daughters sharing an eMac running 10.5.8 and one of my daughters accounts no longer is viewable from the login page that has my admin login and other daughters logins.
    Under the finder>Macintosh HD>Users I see her folder.
    Under Apple>Sys Prefs>Accounts I do NOT see her as an account.
    If I try and create the account using the same name it tells me that a folder in the users folder has the same name and would I like to use that folder as the home folder for that account. I have chosen OK but the account is still not visable under SysPrefs or the login page.
    I am sure there is a simple box to check some where but can't find it, does someone have a cure?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Has she admitted to changing anything on the computer? From the Accounts page if you righ-click on the username in the list there's an option for advanced configuration. If those values were changed it could have messed some things up.

How do the Get Info match up for her user folder compared to one of the other accounts? Is her account an admin or standard one?

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Under Get Info from the User folder most of the items did not give me access. I had to go through almost every sub folder and add admin with read & write privileges.
    The mouse they have on that eMac does not have a dedicated right click.
    I have the show users box checked and quick switching activated.