User accounts on iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by crazyman3005, Dec 4, 2012.

1. crazyman3005 macrumors regular

Is it possible for there to be user accounts on iPad, think it will ever come through from Apple?

2. crazyman3005 thread starter macrumors regular

Any real reason? I see the iPad as quite a family product, left in the living space, hence the reason someone can pick it up and have their own user account for iMessage/twitter etc?

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It would make perfect sense and it's something that's been asked for since the initial release of the iPad (although it'd also be nice on ALL iDevices). For some unknown reason, Apple has ignored the requests.

They probably (wrongly) believe that, without personal accounts, we'll simply have to buy additional devices for each of our family members... instead of what's actually happening- people using them LESS than they otherwise would if they could share.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Buy more iPads. These are personal devices. Google are working on user accounts if you want to buy an android tablet.

5. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

What are you basing this on? The incredibly low number of iPads sold versus other tablets?

There are 4 iPads in my house and a mini coming at Christmas....I guess Apple was right...:p

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

I think the iPad is a personal device, like a cell phone. If you want more users to use it, then just buy more. I have 5 iPad's in my house (1 more coming so that's 6). We all do our own work on it and the kids are happy – so I am too.

7. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Got 3 iPads in our house. Multiple user accounts doesn't help when more than one person wants to use the iPad at the same time.

8. DDaddyx2 macrumors regular

DDaddyx2

Why add the user account feature when you can make a family or business just buy more iPads? ;)

9. Heb 7:4 macrumors regular

It is depressing how any criticism or suggested improvement is responded to by someone essentially saying "if you don't like it, why don't you move to android".

10. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

I don't need multiple accounts really and I'm at the point where it doesn't matter, but apple really does need an easy to enable kid mode.

A 3 year old doesn't understand the meaning of personal device. This would be good for iphone and ipad. I know there are restriction settings but this is a pain. Single app mode isn't an answer either.

11. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

I quoted this for its glaring common sense. I read this, and thought a good discussion was coming.

Then I read the other posts. :rolleyes: Sorry guys, not everyone is ******* rich. I actually haven't bought an iPad because I wouldn't use it as a personal device, and there is no personal account feature.

It makes me sick, the way people respond. "Apple should implement personal accounts for iOS." "OMG! NOT AT ALL! You need to buy more devices you poor ****, go to android!!" Terrible human beings.

12. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

By that account, they should take away multiple user accounts on all their devices (iMacs/MacBook Airs) - which doesn't make any sense.

Ex. I rarely use my girlfriend's iPad, but when I do, I would like my email/iMessage/Bookmarks synced with it. I don't use the iPad enough to warrant buying my own, but for the 20 minutes a day when I need a bigger screen to compose emails/web browse, it would be nice to not have her emails/iMessages pop-up.

13. Zcott macrumors 68020

I don't value user accounts enough to warrant it but some people might. I'm just offering a solution to anyone who really needs it.

14. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

That's when you go rocks paper scissors lizard spock

15. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Android has recently offered this feature and it works quite well. Although I realize it it may not be an option for some and others just don't want to.

16. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

If you're in to jailbreaking, there is always iUsers.

17. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

Personally, I don't care for users on iPad. My iPad is personal to me and it is only used by me.

If Apple ever adds users to the iPad, it would be a feature that I will never use.

18. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

A feature I would love.

Most of my family in my household have our own one, but we also have an iPad 2 sat in the living room, perfect for arguments and maps etc, even the TV Guide!

It would be fantastic if there could be some kinda user system.

19. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I'm not so sure about that. My 3 year old thought everything in the house was her personal property.:D