User Based Photo/Video Gallery Software?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Macman1993, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

Hey I'm looking for gallery software that I can install to my server. I have tried coppermine and gallery2 but both are having problems which my host refuses to help me with even though the problems are their fault. My host is being to bitchy to chmod 755 (whatever that means lol) for gallery2 and refuses to offer support with coppermine that the coppermine support team can't give because its my host that needs work. I need a kind of gallery which will allow a wide variety of video and image formats. It must support user registration and upload. Very importantly these features must work without me having to install additional files and configure them. I am running an apache webserver and my host is globat. My budget is <$100 I know I'm asking for something that is hard to come across but if any of you have any ideas I would really appreciate the help.

2. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    Well... you can fix the chmod problem yourself.

Fire up your FTP client, connect to the host, upload your files, and, where you're being asked by the application to chmod to 755, just right-click the file, go to Properties, and you should be able to figure things out for yourself there. It's very easy.

Could you describe your other coppermine problem? We might be able to help