User CP Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Slip, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

In the User CP and there are new posts on a thread that you have posted in and you click on the link to the last page of that discussion, would it be possible to implement a system like is present in Forum Spy that takes you to the most recent post. So for example if there was a thread with 2 pages of posts, when you click on the link in the CP it would take you to the bottom of that page so that you don't have to scroll through 25 odd posts.
    I know it would be hard to implement but it's just a suggestion :)

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Doesn't clicking the [​IMG] icon in the Last Post column already do that?

3. Slip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Slip

Woops, my bad
    I wasn't aware of that feature, thank you :)

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

While we're on the subject of thread subscriptions, would it be possible to implement a feature that allows you to "refresh" threads on your own? Ok, I realize that makes no sense, so let me explain:

Sometimes when I view my subscriptions, I don't have the time to see all of them, and when I log out, User CP assumes I viewed all of them and considers them "read" even if I haven't. Thus, I'm unable to view the last post I read and have to go back and find my way through the thread the old fashioned way. Is there any way I can "refresh" the thread so that User CP assumes I haven't read it?

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ I would like something like that too, CalBoy. I'm not sure why or how it works but another vBulletin forum I visit seems to keep track permanently of where I am in a thread. Even when my 'session' expires and I'm "offline" it knows whether I actually read that thread or not. It doesn't just 'expire' the new posts based upon my activity in the forums, I actually have to go read the thread to clear those "unread/read" marks. It makes it really easy to see where I left off.
    The forum I am talking about is a lot less busy than this one is however. Not sure if that has something to do with it. I imagine holding those little bits of data takes some sort of toll. (?)

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

^^It probably would take some kind of toll on the servers. Perhaps it should be "experimental" for a while (you know what I mean).