User Desktop folder is now on my Desktop? Help!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bRawly, Jun 18, 2011.

1. bRawly macrumors newbie

So, I'm not sure how but I was trying out some programs to hide files/folders that are on my desktop to be less cluttered. And randomly the Desktop folder appeared on my desktop. I can't move it, delete it or do anything with it. I don't understand how it go there. Does anyone know how to fix this? :confused:

[​IMG]

I've look online but haven't found anyone else thats run into this problem.
    :(

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Can you open the folder on the desktop? If so, what's in it? Is it possible that the program took everything that was on your desktop and placed it in this folder, which it titled "Desktop"?

I would guess that if you undo or disable the programs you were playing with, this problem may go away.

3. bRawly thread starter macrumors newbie

The folder is a mirror to the desktop folder in finder. So I can open it, and if I delete whats in it. It delete those files from my desktop. If I try to delete the folder I get this:

[​IMG]

I've turned off everything I was using. And removed the programs that I used when this happened. And its still there. Any Idea what to do?

4. bRawly thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok never mind. Im not really sure why this worked, but I restarted my computer for a third time and the folder is no longer there? Third times a charm? lol weird

@igucl, thanks for taking time out and reading my post.

5. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I'm not sure what you could do. I assume you've tried restarting. Other than that, I would do a spotlight search for all library files related to the programs you were playing with, and then delete them.

I'm curious, though. Isn't this what you wanted? Was the clutter removed?