Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brucku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
Is the experience any different between Airdisk Time machine use attached to an Airport extreme, or buying an extra time capsule?

I'm curious if there are any hicups in any way or if its exactly the same as having a time capsule?

Thanks

Lou

SWLinPHX

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Is the experience any different between Airdisk Time machine use attached to an Airport extreme, or buying an extra time capsule?

I'm curious if there are any hicups in any way or if its exactly the same as having a time capsule?

Thanks

Lou

In theory, they should work exactly the same. If there is poor performance in one over the other, you have an issue.

quotemeas

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
AirDisk works great in my in my setup. iMac connected via ethernet to a Time Capsule with a 1TB WD MyBook connected to it via the usb port. Also, I have a macbook connected to the Time Capsule/My Book via wireless. Everything has worked perfectly (backups and restores) via the ethernet and wireless connections.

SWLinPHX

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
AirDisk works great in my in my setup. iMac connected via ethernet to a Time Capsule with a 1TB WD MyBook connected to it via the usb port. Also, I have a macbook connected to the Time Capsule/My Book via wireless. Everything has worked perfectly (backups and restores) via the ethernet and wireless connections.

It's nice to hear "everything's working great!" for a change. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.