User profile strange error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erlendhauer, Dec 21, 2016.

1. erlendhauer macrumors newbie

Hello, I just bought myself a new MacBook Pro 15" touch bar. After starting it up for the first time and running all the updates, when shutting down my Mac and starting it up again my profile picture now is now showing a black profile user and I'm unable to login using my fingerprint. My other admin user is working fine. However if I login with a password its working but its taking longer than normal to login. Sometimes it makes the Mac crash aswell. What can I do? If I log out then suddenly the profile picture is showing.

Attached Files:

2. erlendhauer thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems like it wont shut down either when choosing shut down. Something is seriously wrong with this profile.

3. erlendhauer thread starter macrumors newbie

4. PineAppleMac macrumors member

PineAppleMac

Also had this after yesterdays' first setup configuration. All I did is updated the profile picture in my iCloud, then again updated the profile picture under account settings. All works since then :)

5. kis macrumors 65816

I had the same thing happening to me after rebooting the Mac following the graphics glitch

6. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I get the image with my name on reboot/startup, but it does not delay and once up my picture is attached to the account.

I did a few fresh re-installs with migration, with out migration. I found my picture would appear every time until I turned File Vault on and encrypted the disk. Once my disk is encrypted I get the shadow instead of the picture.

Again it is a bit annoying my iMac does not do this, but it adds no delay to the startup process. If I decrypt my disk it will show my contact picture on start up but that is not an option for me.

7. erlendhauer thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Dec 22, 2016 ---
    Well, i got the picture back but there is something wrong here. If i select the other user in the login screen the computer crashes. Also there is a graphical glitch when logging in. Guess i just have to reinstall the whole machine. Bummer first experience with mac os.

8. erlendhauer thread starter macrumors newbie

Did a full reinstall now, everything's fine now :)

9. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Are you running FileVault, encrypted disk?

10. erlendhauer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes

11. kis macrumors 65816

I am.

12. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

OK I got, it is fixed now. I went to User Groups and icloud and touched on my picture, edited it and saved it, now it appears. Odd the picture was there but I had to re-save it. Since I did it in both places not sure what one fixed it.