UserAgent faker work with 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HiFiGuy528, Oct 21, 2010.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Is this app good or is there another? I don't want to install SBsetting, does it work without it on 4.1?

2. ivan300 macrumors member

I use a browser called Icab Mobile which has it built in.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

:eek::eek: WoW I never thought I would read such a words. SBSettings is such a great/simple working app. (sorry for no adding anything useful to the thread, I was just very surprise)

4. tesilential macrumors regular

I agree, I don't "get it" when people won't install perfectly fine apps that greatly increase the functionality of their device. Why not just get a dumbphone and forget about it?

5. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I'm using version 1.1 on iOS 4.1 -- works great.

6. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Without SBsettings? How do you turn it on or is it always on?

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

With with the Atomic Web Browser or iCabMobile I can tell the browser to look like a desktop browser and espn.com comes up just like it does on my desktop.

If I tell either browser to look like the iPhone or iPad version of Safari, the initial load of the espn.com site asks if I want to enter espn.com or espn Mobile web.

But, people are free to keep trying to get UserAgent Faker to work.

9. TechJunky macrumors regular

I quit using sbsettings when I got my ip4. Mainly because the battery is so good I leave 3G & Wifi on all the time, and location services are on most of the time. And when I do need to change something, the settings app moves so fast it doesn't take any time. Memory usage is also of no concern any more. The only thing I sort of miss it for is the respring, but winterboard will do it.

But I did need a user agent faker like the OP and the stand alone one has worked great for me. I would also like to know about compatibility with 4.1.