Users&Groups Admin Password Changed w/o Unlocking

Discussion in 'iMac' started by csi, May 15, 2014.

1. csi, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014

csi macrumors newbie

I have been having trouble with account and computer tampering on all levels. Today I discovered that the users & groups password can be changed at any time without unlocking.

As a novice, I am missing something.
    Give me the instructions on how and where to look for implanted changes.
    How is this possible and how to fix it?

-The guest login is OFF
    -I am the only person using the computer/passwords
    -The WiFi is off
    -There are always spoof and phishing pages for almost every place on the web
    -All accounts are stolen or tampered with; email, shops, websites, stores, WordPress, PayPal, etc
    -The computer has been wiped clean back to factory a few times
    -The hard drive has been changed
    -New computers have been bought
    -After changes, problems always occur when entering the Gmail address in the address bar &/or going to the Apple App Store. Without knowing much more, this may be where the culprit is getting in every time. Eventually, all email/documents are stolen. I also have concerns that Apple Apps are being downloaded or changed to cause problems when downloaded. If this is true then anytime I re-apply or open an app, I am getting contaminations.
    -There could be an alert attached to all my accounts, so that anytime I visit, I am immediately attacked. How to get rid of it.

2. PatrickVogeli macrumors newbie

Well... that's a scary mail. You have so many problems, that I don't think that an internet forum will be able to help.

First, I'd like to know if this is real or if you're just being paranoid. I have seen such people.. How do you know your emails/documents are being stolen?

Some things I'd check:
    -You say wifi is off.. off in your iMac and in your router/modem?
    -Change all of your passwords (every password has to be different! Specially the email one(s)!). And don't do it from your computers, do it from one you are sure is not compromised.
    -Where do you download your applications?? When I was working in a Computer repair shop, I saw some novices downloading normal stuff (firefox, msn messenger, opera, that kind of apps) from very weird sites... and they came to be crying about viruses and stuff

3. FreemanW macrumors 6502

More than one of your post points leave much detail to be clarified.
    What are you using for password management in your email account?

Clearly, you really need the assistance of someone that has a clue about security as you seem to be a magnet for compromise.

When you say the computer has been wiped to factory . . . . by whom? You?

The hard drive has been changed? Do you mean its name in Finder?

New computers have been bought? What does this mean? In your home? Or are you saying that your personal accounts have been used fraudulently?

. . . . . . . for starters.

If all of your described events are happening on your iMac, and you are the only person having physical access to the machine?

You need to STOP clicking on ANYTHING.

Hire a knowledgeable professional technician to give you schooling on security and proper computer use.

If/Then/Else: purchase an Abacus and donate your iMac to someone in need. :D