userSpaceScaleFactor error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by undertheweather, Jan 11, 2013.

1. undertheweather macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2012
    Lately I've been getting the following message pop up on my screen and then disappear before I can read it:

11/28/12 9:00:14.529 PM UserNotificationCenter[1663]: *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSWindow is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.

I'm only guessing at what the error message said. The message I just put was retrieved from the Console app. The error message has seemed more frequent lately.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue. If I understand it correctly it is something related to Internet connectivity, but I could be completely wrong.
  2. mfram macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    The message doesn't have anything to do with Internet connectivity. It has do with the Cocoa graphics libraries. And I doubt you'd be getting it on a pop-up dialog.

This message is being generated by a bug within Apple Cocoa libraries when an Open File dialog is created by the system. I know this because I'm a developer and started getting this message in an application I had written. I traced it down to when an Open File dialog was created.

There's nothing an Application developer can do about it. The message is coming out of Apple-supplied libraries. It's an Apple bug.

As a user, you don't have to worry about this message. It's not hurting anything on your computer.
  3. undertheweather thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2012
    The only application that was running was Safari. So the only solution is to wait
    for Apple to provide an update fixing it?