Uses gmail address when replying to emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gigascott, Nov 17, 2009.

1. gigascott macrumors newbie

I recently got an iPhone and set up the mail function to check my work email which is through Godaddy.com. I took a while to get it set up properly. I also set up my gmail account on the iPhone. While I was having issues with sending emails using godaddy, I had set the outgoing mail server to: smtp.gmail.com. Everything was working fine with both accounts until I realized that when I replied to an work email, it would put my personal gmail account as the sender. This caused me to get work email responses on my gmail account. I then found a way to use the smtpout.secureserver.net for my godaddy account, thinking that this is what was causing the issue. I kept having the same issue. I then deleted the gmail account from the iPhone and the gmail server info. I still have the same issue. Whenever I receive a work email and reply to it, the send is my gmail email address. Thoughts?

-gigascott

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Godaddy sucks balls. Sorry, couldn't resist the off-topic post.

3. gigascott thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, for those of you who care, I figured it out. I had an issue with using the smtpout.secureserver.net as the outgoing mail server. I then used the smtp.gmail.com as the outgoing mail server. I was told that this wouldn't be an issue but it was. When I sent out email, it went through the gmail mail server and changed the sender email address to my gmail email account. I figured out how to use the smtpout.secureserver.net and now everything is find.

-gigascott