Using 1st Gen iPhone -- Had to activate?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timotheezz, Jun 15, 2010.

1. timotheezz macrumors regular

I just sold my 3GS on Gazelle.com -- I took the SIM card out, placed it in my 1st Gen iPhone and I restored it. I figured I could then sync it with one of my backups, but I was forced to go through the whole activation process.

My data plan came out to $20 (instead of the 3G/S's $30) and I chose the unlimited text plan for another $20.

You think this will cause problems when I go in to an Apple store next Thursday to buy the iPhone 4? I hope I don't lose the unlimited plan, and they better not force me on one of those 2GB plans. I like having peace of mind.

Anyone?

2. kokesh macrumors regular

I think you will be fine. 3GS customers with unlimited had the option to keep it, which is what you were. 2G customers with unlimited 2G @ $20/month (apparently what you switched to) also had the option to keep it. I just upgraded from a 2G to the iPhone 4 about two hours ago and apple.com let me choose the $30 unlimited plan, no problems.

3. timotheezz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. I was getting kinda worried here.

Side note: the original is just so damn sexy compared to the curved plastic shenanigans of the past 2 years.