Using 2 different itunes Accounts on 1 ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Walshy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Walshy macrumors member

Hi all,

I am sharing my ipad for the next few months and would like to avoid the 90 day lock out period. I intend to download tv shows on one account and my other half would like to do the same on her account on the same ipad.

Would doing this lock out the ipad? i read somewhere about automatic downloads, is there a way of disabling this so it does lock?

Have tried to find a definitive answer but couldnt so here i am:D

Cheers

2. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

What do you mean by 90 day lock out period? I haven't heard of this before...

It's certainly possible to use two accounts on the same iPad - I do, one for UK and one for USA purchases.

Tiptopp

3. Walshy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply

I think the lock im referring to only occurs if you auto download or download something from the cloud like a tv show.

So as long as i dont delete my tv shows for space and re download them i should be fine?

4. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

No such thing as a 90 day lockout period. I'm not sure where you heard that. You can download your media whenever you want. All of your media (videos must be bought from itunes) is stored in the cloud when using iCloud and iTunes Match.

You can use 2 iTunes accounts on one device but you gotta make sure that you and your other sign in/out of the App Store/iTunes when downloading app/media. When apps are updated you'll need to enter the password of the account it's associated to.

5. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

I think this is the 90 days being referred to...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

6. dchao, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

dchao macrumors 6502a

Ah that 90 days!

This is only for iTunes in the iCloud, specifically turning on "iTunes Match" or "Automatic Downloads". As long as these settings are turned off, then your Apple ID won't be associated with that device.

7. Walshy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that is the lock i was reffering to!

Itunes in the clouds is separate to the movies in the cloud?
    Atm i have brought all of the walking dead season 2 but only download and watch 1-2 at a time as im on a 16gb ipad. The thing i was worried about was if i downloaded some episodes from the cloud that it wouldnt allow me to log in on another account and use it!

8. dchao, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

dchao macrumors 6502a

You have to have re-downloaded the same episode for the device to be "associated". As long as you don't trigger your device to be associated with an Apple ID, you can login to another account as many times as you like.

I think Apple just want to limit the concurrent use of your iTunes account on more than 10 devices.