Using 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sn0wball, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Sn0wball macrumors regular

Placed my Orange sim card into my ipad 2, switched mobile on in the general settings and I found I connected to the internet straight away.

How is this possible, given that I haven't entered any payment details or contract?

It also gives me the option to choose other providers such as T-Mobile, which I can also connect to and use.

Again, how can I do this when they don't have my payment details?

Thanks, Sn0wy.

2. Sn0wball thread starter macrumors regular

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Depends on the contract you created, it might be giving you a trial phase after which you need a permanent contract?

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Where did you get the SIM card? It might come ore-loaded with data.

5. Sn0wball, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

Sn0wball thread starter macrumors regular

The Orange SIM card was bundled with the iPad2 when I first got it a year ago. No bundled contract or anything. I got around to registering the sim card with Orange last week and she did a credit check without taking any payment details. All she did was register the SIM number and took my address.

I then inserted the sim and the ipad started working.(It is proper 3G, as I'm away from public wifi). I just wondered how this was possible without any payment details being taken nor logging in required. Will I just receive a bill in the post?

What puzzled me more is that the ipad sometimes connects to T-Mobile (even though automatic carrier selection is off) and it works properly, even though I have the Orange sim. Why does this happen given that I have an Orange sim, and how will T-Mobile bill me given they don't know anything about me?

I don't even know the charges for what I'm using as I have no online accounts with any of them. My iPad wont/can't connect to the orange.co.uk/youraccount server to create an online account.

Thanks

6. Dylan35, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

Dylan35 macrumors newbie

orange use t-mobiles network and visa versa..... they merged into Everything Everywhere but still operate separate branding :)

Are you sure orange have not got payment details..... phone and check