Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I have a pair of homepods setup in a stereo pair and also a dedicated subwoofer and it sounds amazing. Anyone here using a similar setup? I am in the process of fine tuning it and getting everything to blend nicely. On my subwoofer I have a high and low pass filter. HPF is currently at 100Hz and LPF is at around 90Hz. Since Apple never posts it's audio specs for the homepod. Does anyone know how low the frequency can go on a homepod? My Phase control is also set to 180 degrees, since the subwoofer is placed right next to my TV facing towards me.

I have the homepods located in my bedroom, and they are on my night stand. So that it's right next to my ears. Not sure if this is optimal home theater setup for the best sounds. Or should I move them up in front where my TV is located?

tragicwinding

Suspended
May 23, 2023
Sounds like you've got an awesome setup going! With regards to your question about the HomePod's frequency range, while Apple doesn't officially publish these specs, some audio enthusiasts have tested it and found that the HomePod can reach as low as 40Hz, but it really starts to shine around 60Hz and above.

As for your HomePod placement, if you're looking to create a more immersive home theater experience, you might want to consider moving them closer to your TV. This can create a more balanced soundstage that aligns with the visuals on the screen. However, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and the specific acoustics of your room.

Remember, there's no 'one-size-fits-all' solution when it comes to audio setup. Keep experimenting until you find what sounds best to you.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Wow, they can go down that low? Guess I'll have to switch my HPF on my sub to 80Hz then, and tweak my LPF to get them to blend better.

Thanks for your input. I will consider moving my homepods to the front where my TV is then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.