Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsornin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
When I submitted my first app a few months ago, I remember there was a place where it asked if I wanted to use a different name as my "company name" rather than just my own name (I'm registered as an individual). At the time I hadn't really decided what name to use so I just put the name of my website.

Now I'm about to submit my 2nd app and want to change the company name that's displayed with my apps on the app store. Only I can't find a place to enter it anywhere.

The only thing that even looks likely is if I change the "Copyright" field when I submit the new app.

Has anyone tried this - will changing the "Copyright" field change the company name your app is displayed under in the app store?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Has anyone tried this - will changing the "Copyright" field change the company name your app is displayed under in the app store?
No, it won't. If you want to change your company name, you need to contact Apple. Also, if you are changing from an individual to a company, there are probably some other things they will ask you to do as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.