Using a domain name to point to my blogs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by stefanski, Dec 19, 2008.

1. stefanski macrumors member

stefanski

I have OSX 10.5.5 server and I'm using blogs on it. Works great, but the url is www.sitename.com/users/username. I was thinking about pointing a domain name to that directory. But I can't find out what the actual path to the blog is. In other words, if I set up blog.sitename.com as a site, where do I have to point it to so that it displays the content of www.sitename.com/users/username?

I hope I'm clear enough here. I'm basically after the "Web Folder" entry in the server admin panel. For websites, it's usualy /Library/WebServer/Documents/sitename but what is it for my blog pages????

Thanks a lot for any help provided. It's starting to drive me crazy...

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

if you have a domain, usually you can just "forward" it to the blog, even with the subfiles. godaddy offers this service free (and I'm sure they're not the only ones).

so, for example, my lebigmac.com domain goes to my ISP provided webpage, which is something like users.rcn.com/~lebigmac

3. stefanski thread starter macrumors member

stefanski

Thanks, Le Big Mac,
    I'm not after this part. My problem is that i don't know the actual path to my blog. I thought it's /Library/Collaboration/Users on OSX Server 10.5.5 but that doesn't seem to work. I've attached a screen shot of the entry I'm after. It's the field with the ??????? in it.

This path should lead the visitor directly to my blog...

Hopefully somebody can help me out here.

Thanks

Attached Files: