Using a family members upgrade - Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDabble, Oct 13, 2011.

1. iDabble macrumors regular

Im using a family members upgrade in my family plan. I have all the account info and my name is on the account. I asked AT&T how to use the upgrade and they said I'd have to do it in their store and had to buy from them. I don't believe them and would like to buy at the apple store. Anyone know how that works?

Sorry for the dumb question, but figured this could be a nice break from the "my phone shipped/changed cities/didn't ship" threads

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Should have listened to AT&T b/c they are the only ones that can APPROVE a swap of eligible lines for subsidized pricing on the iPhone 4S...:eek:

Drop in to a corporate store and it takes just a few minutes. Ensure the account holder is present...

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Upgrade your family line at Apple and then pop your sim card into the 4S. Sometime later, you have to go to an AT&T store to ask them to remove the data plan from that line and just say you did an upgrade swap (unless you want to keep the data).

Did it for the iPhone 4 at an Apple Store. You'll be good. Just remember your ID and the last 4 SSN.

4. BayAreaChef macrumors newbie

It's very simple go to the apple store bring your ID

Give the apple store employ the number you want to upgrade

Make sure u know !!

Last 4 of the account holder SSN

Billing Zip Code

Passcode if the account has one

You must be a on the account

Pay them walk out .. Call AT&T have then switch the phone to your Line so that line is not paying data plan .. Also once upgrade the line you upgrade phone will stop working because the SIM card will be disable .. They will need to get a know SIM card

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Yep, my friend did this last year. He used his moms upgrade. The only thing was he had her number for like an hour until he went to the ATT store to get a new sim for his number.