Using a Freight Forwarder and AppleCare+

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pupi, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

Hello.

Some of us don't reside in countries where the Watch will get launched at first and have made their orders through freight forwarding companies

With more or less pain, some of these orders are getting through.

Now, since I'm buying it from abroad, I should only get the normal international warranty which is good for 1 year. So I thought getting AppleCare+ would fix this, with 2 years of additional support.

However, reading the conditions, as it turns out:

(I bought it from Germany, but these conditions apply to that case as well, just copied the UK conditions for the sake of them being in english).

So, basically am I (or are us) of luck of what?

Should I just not sweat it as this is just a legal technicality, or should I just cancel AppleCare+?
    Furthermore, if I am to cancel it, should I do it ASAP or after getting the order so I don't mess up with it?

2. blatch macrumors member

blatch

I was under the impression Apple was canceling orders that use forwarders.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

The problem is that Applecare is no longer a warranty, but is instead an insurance product.

That means that if you buy AppleCare in the UK, it's subject to UK insurance and taxation laws.

4. Pupi, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

Pupi thread starter macrumors regular

Pupi

They were, but here in europe they reinstated the lot of them. Including mine.

I see.

I don't mind the taxation itself, as it is paid upfront, my main concern is that if I need to activate AppleCare in the future and it will be void because I don't have a Germany address.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't know about Europe but normally AC+ is only valid in the country where it was purchased. For example, if you purchase a Watch plus AC+ in the United States and take it to an Apple Store in a different country (or vice versa), they won't service it.