Using a magic mouse/wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Liquinn, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Is it possible to use a Magic Mouse/Apple Wireless Keyboard on a Windows Sever 2003 machinee (non Mac) computer?

Thanks.

2. EricT43 macrumors regular

If you can get a Bluetooth adapter that has Windows XP drivers then it might work.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I have one. How do I go about installing the Magic Mouse/Apple Wireless Keyboard onto the Windows Server 2003 machine?

Thanks. :)

4. EricT43 macrumors regular

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/mouse/bluetooth

1. On your computer, open the Bluetooth program. The Bluetooth program is usually found either in Control Panel or the Start menu.
    2. Press and hold the Connect button on the underside of the device. If your device has a battery indication light, it will blink green/red to indicate the device is discoverable.
    3. In the Bluetooth program, use the option to add a new device. The exact verbiage may vary slightly between Bluetooth programs and versions.
    4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    5. If you are connecting a keyboard and are prompted to configure a passkey, let the program choose a passkey for you.
    6. If you are connecting a mouse and are prompted for a passkey, select No passkey. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse devices will not work with a random passkey.

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Thanks for your help.

Bluetooth isn't on the machine.

What should I do?

Thanks.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Get a different Bluetooth adapter for your computer, or get a different keyboard & mouse.

7. EricT43 macrumors regular