Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisSoutham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Bath, UK
First posting, hope it's in the right place!
I've enjoyed the wonders of my Mac mini for a long while now, and now with a video iPod I'm converting a lot of video media.
Last night I installed FrontRow - which is great fun, but now I need a remote so I can lie in bed and use it! I've had a look on the Apple site and I don't think the new Apple Remote is suitable, you can only control the iPod with it combined with a universal dock (am I right?).

I have a Motorola RAZR v3, and wondered if it was possible use this as a remote via bluetooth? Has anyone tried it?
It seems like an ideal solution, but if not, can anyone recommend a suitable good remote?

Thanks,
Chris

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Does the RAZR work with Salign Clicker? If so then does Front Row expose a usefull AppleScript dictionary? If yes to both you are in business :)

ChrisSoutham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Bath, UK
Well Salling Clicker doesn't support the V3 but I could use my old P800.
Looks like SC has a sticky topic on the forums related to FrontRow - someone's already written the scripts :)

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
I know for sure you can use Sony Ericsson phones as a remote control via iSync... not too sure about Motorolla phones..

Has anyone used SailingClicker with Sony Ericsson phones?
When i try to use it, it says the script isn't recognizable in Terminal... or something along those lines..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.