Using a stylus on a PDF document

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peteknopp, Apr 6, 2011.

1. peteknopp macrumors member

I have a shopping list for my restaurant, designed in Word but available in most formats.
    I want to use this as a template in something like Penultimate so that I can use a stylus to add quantities in the various rows and columns.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds like a good idea. You could convert to PDF, then using iAnnotate/Goodreader/ PDF expert ( or any of those sorts of apps,) use the stylus to write on it.

Or there are a bunch of Apps designed for shopping lists that might work equally well?

If you used an app which had an iPhone equivalent, you have the option of making your handwritten notes on the bigger ipad screen, and then just having your phone in hand as you shop.... Presuming you have an iPhone of course! Also a good way to send your list to other staff's phones if you want to delegate the shopping.....

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I've tried the UPAD Lite version of the app, and I was able to transfer a 20 page PDF document to it through iTunes since the app supports File Sharing. Then I was able to open up the PDF file in the app and write over it and highlight things.

4. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

iAnnotate is well worth the money and will do what you want.

5. peteknopp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks for those.

Got it doing what I want, just gotta redesign the shopping list to best fit the Ipad.

6. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

+1

I use iAnnotate to sign contracts and documents all the time. Not to mention make notes and send them off. All with a stylus if I have it but usually my finger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I also use iAnnotate; latest update added Typewriter feature. I like the tabbed feature that allows up to open up to 6 documents and have them easily accessible. IAnnotate supports Dropox besides it's own helper agent that works within the LAN.

GoodReader is also very good now that supports annotations, besides supporting multiple cloud services such as Dropbox, WebDAV, etc., with synchronization.

8. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Question for all of you experts: how does iAnnotate compare to the annotation functions on Goodreader? Seems to be no point in getting two apps to do the same thing if one can do everything.

9. peteknopp thread starter macrumors member

Goodreader

I ended up buying this as it was cheaper and does what I need for now. Have not had time to really get to grips with it but seems a great app. Trouble is my writing is appalling so will have to see if I can read my annotations whilst going round the cash and carry

10. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Goodreader is good for a lot of things, also annotating PDFs. But it sucks at DISPLAYING PDFs, especially when you scroll through pages. It's never as smooth as iBooks (but of course iBooks can't do anything practical except displaying)