Using a unlocked iPhone prepaid in Spain?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cameronjpu, Oct 7, 2010.

1. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

My parents are going to Spain this weekend and I hope to let them use my unlocked iPhone to connect over there, and share a data connection. I initially started with Vodafone, because that seemed like the best deal, but now I realize that going with someone like Movistar might be smarter since they have experience selling the iPhone.

So while I'm technical, my parents are not. Can someone tell me what is the SIMPLEST way to get an iPhone working on a prepaid data plan over there? The voice calls don't mean much, but data is everything. If you know it, please include how much it costs per day to use data, and how much data you get for that price. I learned how important those questions are when using it in London and Dublin.

Thanks!

2. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

all big carriers have daily data plans, what I don't know if they have micro sims for prepay plans.. I think movistar doesn't, I don't know about Vodafone or Orange.

3. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I know they do. I don't need a microsim. Anyone know specifics out there?

4. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Someone on another forum tells me it's probably smarter to go to a The Phone Store location and just let them take care of it. Anyone disagree? Ease of setup and likelihood of success are far more important than price.

5. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

you cannot get an iPhone without signing a 18 month contract with either movistar, vodafone or orange. they won't sell you one on a prepaid plan.

6. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't need to buy an iPhone, only a sim card.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, Im sure if you go in with an unlocked phone they will setup a prepaid sim for you and take care of the rest.