Using a Wacom tablet to annotate PDFs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by red321red321, Dec 4, 2013.

1. red321red321 macrumors regular

Jun 3, 2013
    Has anyone used a Wacom tablet to annotate PDFs or otherwise take notes? How has this worked out?
  2. j-beda macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2004
    Jarnal perhaps?

Jarnal perhaps?
    "After many hours of search in the internet I came across Jarnal It is a free application for Windows, Mac and Linux. I am totally happy with it. It is pretty handy to work with and the result is great. There is a Wiki page and tutorial which are helpful (you can find the links in the homepage). Make sure to watch this video if you work with Windows 7"

More up to date link:
  3. SnoFlo macrumors regular

Feb 5, 2010
    I do, but I use Bluebeam's PDF Revu for annotation which is only available for Windows. I use OneNote for all my handwritten notes. My notes are synced in the cloud and they are also searchable as OneNote's OCR feature is remarkably good.

I used to do all of this using Parallels under OS X, but I eventually switched to Windows entirely when I became convinced that it was stable enough.

Wacom Cintiqs, with the possible exception of the new 13HD, have a very irritating anti-reflective coating which can make text look slightly blurred. Some people can't get used to this.