Using Airport Express AND Extreme at the same time Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sukanas, Jul 17, 2009.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

I have the airport extreme (newest version) and using the airport express. I have the airport express extending the network from the airport extreme base station.

So if Im using the speaker output on my express, will my connection drop from the dual band router, using the express for internet? both are next to each other too. I only have the express connected so I can use the external speakers.

Thanks!

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...they should be made to work together like that, look in your airport utility for the correct setup...

3. sukanas thread starter macrumors 6502a

sukanas

well I know they're made to work together. I guess my basic question is, if both routers are connected to work as one network, which signal is my laptop receiving signal from? the express or extreme? (both from same distance)

also, does me using airtunes change me using the extreme to the express cause i'm connecting to the express now?

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If they are wired together, you will be able to connect to either one and play music with the Express's AirTunes. You connect to a network, not a device.