Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoggis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
does anyone know how I can use the graphics driver released from amd instead of the amd driver that is bundles in bootcamp? I have tried to install the latest release from amd and it doesn't install. On my last iMac I was able to reinstall the graphics driver through device manager for one in the amd release so i could update with future releases.

Am running 5k iMac 2015 with Windows 10

Thanks

Andrescarpa

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2015
I have The riMac with M395X and BootCamp installed -surprisingly!- The catalyst control center... So i think drivers will follow the normal AMD roadmap...

hoggis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
I would like to think so but I wouldn't bet on it. I had a look and the driver release apple are using is a few releases out of date.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple writes its own drivers so I don't think its a good idea to use AMD's It may cause problems, as it has in the past.

hoggis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Touch wood, I have never had a problem using the amd releases in the past on my old iMac. It's just a shame apple's driver releases under Windows are few and far between. I understand Apple doesn't want to waste time on Windows drivers, which is why I would like to use be able to amd release, which as far as I can tell are the same, it's just Apple uses an older release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.