Using an Apple pencil Gen 2 - possible to scratch the screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robertjan88, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:03 AM.

1. Robertjan88, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:03 AM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:13 AM

Robertjan88 macrumors member

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to scratch the screen of the iPad Pro 2018 when pressing a bit harder with the Apple Pencil (2nd generation).

I am asking as certain apps use the force you apply to dictate the intensity of e.g. a brush.

Using ProCreate, but so far, as I am unsure about the above, I have only been pressing the screen very softly without applying much pressure.

2. Greenmeenie macrumors 6502a

Greenmeenie

Nah. No way. Well...Perhaps...IF somehow, someway a piece of grit got embedded in the pencil tip. But that is unlikely. Still, if you are even a little worried about that possibility, you can always put a screen protector on your iPad. Then no worries at all.

3. Robertjan88 thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks for your feedback. Appreciated!

I thought there were currently some issues with screen protectors for the 2018 model of the iPad Pro.

If these have been fixed, are there any proper protectors that don't influence the color and touch accuracy? :)

4. flur macrumors 68020

flur

The MediaDevil protector is the only one confirmed to work that doesn’t impact sharpness or touch accuracy (it’s clear so it won’t impact color). It is a non-glass protector.

5. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Did not worry about it with my first gen pro and pencil, not worried about it with this one. No screen protector.