Using an Apple Single Button Mouse in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by golfman, May 6, 2008.

1. golfman macrumors newbie

I have an Apple single button mouse I'm using on my iMac with Vista running via bootcamp. Am I supposed to hold a particular key down on the keyboard that will let the mouse have a right button function?

2. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Holding down the control key while clicking will "right-click" for you. Are you using a current Apple "one-button" mouse? If so, it may have 2 sensors and just need to be set up correctly in the system preferences.

3. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Does your mouse have a scroll ball? You probably do since you are on an intel Mac.

Even those mouse look like it only has single button, it has multi buttons.

5. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

This is correct. All current Macs come with 4 "button" mice. The left and right buttons are sensors. By default, the right sensor is set to "primary" - the same as the left sensor. Go into system preferences, into the mouse settings, and set the right sensor to "secondary," which is the Windows equivalent to right-click.

6. crm114 macrumors member

i have to say that you should get a logitech mouse - i use a cordless G7 - it works about a million times better than the peice of crap i got with my MP. It actually started squeaking after only one month of use - limited CAD work adn playing COD2. Seriously - it squeaks when you left click!

I have the G7 it running on OSX with no problems!

yeah its pretty - but so is a mannequin...