Using an enclosure

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dtot, Jun 11, 2008.

1. dtot macrumors newbie

Hy guys, this is my first post here, although i have been reading Macrumors for a while now, (not so much the forums though) and i hope you can help me with something.

I currently have a desktop PC w/ XP. I will need a laptop soon and I plan on getting a MacBook (or maybe wait for the next major upgrade in Q3, whatever it will be called).

I have a 250GB internal hard drive, and its SATA. I was wondering if I could transfer my files onto my soon-to-get MacBook using an enclosure, thereby making my hard drive external through USB. Will there by and problems? I was at Futureshop the other day and the guy mentioned that I would have to convert my drive to FAT32, however that works.

Anyonegot some advice for me?

2. Y-Guy macrumors newbie

Funny thing I just pulled an NTFS drive out of my computer, put it in my new Macally enclosure and hooked it up. All the Win files were available to me. You can dread the files off the NTFS but you can not write to the drive from the Mac, you can read/write to a FAT32 drive though.

3. John01021988 macrumors 6502

Unless u get NTFS for Mac OSX, which will let you read and write in your NTFS partition