Using an iPad to manage photos on a web site

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hruvulum, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hruvulum macrumors newbie

I am looking for a method that I can teach my ipad-using friend to upload a photo (better yet: a group of photos) to a web site I control. I know there are workflows for uploading to Flickr, but we want more control over branding, presentation and distractions than Flickr gives its users.

Right now my friend is used to using Camera to take the photos and Photos to review them on her iPad, and it would be nice if she could continue to do that.

Any suggestions?

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

One method is with the Goodreader App. Screenshot of this function:

[​IMG]

You would achieve this by creating a folder within Goodreader, into which you would place pictures you have selected from your Photos App. Then, from the "connect to server..." menu pictured above, you would choose that folder, or any individual files therein, and upload.

Make sense?

Attached Files:

3. hruvulum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Goodreader seems to provide a lot of value. If I may ask a follow-up question:

After I use Photos to select some images, I have the choices "Share", "Copy", "Delete" and "Add To..." Which of those menus and items would I choose to get the images into Goodreader?

4. laurenr, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

laurenr macrumors 6502a

You would not make the picture selection in the Photo App on the iPad, but rather in Goodreader itself. See my illustration below, there is a Photo App icon, where you can select the relevant album, and whatever pics you need:

eg1.jpg

You could then, for example create a folder in Goodreader, see "Pic test" folder below. The pictures you selected from the Photo App would be placed inside:

eg2.jpg

Then, when you connect to the Server you want to upload to, you could choose that entire folder:

eg3.jpg

or just individual pictures therein, (see how I only selected 2?):

g4.jpg

Hope that's clear.:)

Edit: click on each picture I posted to open in a separate page/tab; you can see exact details.

5. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I wasn't clear on one point. In step #1, I would create the folder first, open it in Goodreader, and only THEN make your picture selection, like I did below. That way, there is no confusion as to where your chosen pictures go - avoids extra steps:

eg5.jpg

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You should be able to do the same with the iCab browser as it will also tie in with the Photo app from within it self.

7. laurenr macrumors 6502a

iCab is great for uploading one image at a time, however it does not allow for doing that with a folder, or multiple images at one time. I do find it incredibly useful in forums and use it all the time here.

8. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

If you are using a Wordpress based website, I would suggest using the Wordpress app to upload. You can then display content quickly and beautifully.