Using an iPhone on T-Mobile, what can I do if my iPhone breaks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnisatard, Jan 20, 2009.

1. tnisatard macrumors 6502

I jailbroke my iPhone and unlocked it to use it on t-mobile

just wondering what if something happens thats not my fault, like my iphone screen dies out or something

am i screwed over? since if i go to apple they will know i jailbroke it

also i bought it on craigslist, so im not the original owner

thanks in advance

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

If something happens to it like a screen outage then yes you will be screwed. You can have it jailbroken and use tmobile but if you have any issues with it you need to do a restore to set it back to its original settings. Also it doesn't matter which owner you are as long as the phone has warranty. If you ever take it to Apple for any reason then DO A RESTORE because if not they WILL turn you away.

3. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

What if after restoring, you take it to the Apple store with a T-Mobile SIM card in it? Or no SIM card at all?

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

With a valid SIM card, depending on where the phone is from.

O2 if its a UK phone or AT&T if American.

5. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Don't leave the SIM card in your phone at all. Explain to the attendant that you've already swapped the SIM over to a back-up phone (which you coincidentally left at home... but there's no need to mention that part).

Remember, even if you had an unhacked AT&T iPhone, you should never actually leave your old SIM card in a phone that you return for warranty repairs. If Apple does agree that service is covered under warranty, you would never actually get the exact same iPhone back, and anything you leave in the iPhone, such as media, contact lists, and SIM cards would be lost. You'd get back a replacement unit, and Apple would attempt to repair the old one and sell it as a refurb.