Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Anyone try using an charger made for the ipod to charge their iPhone? Any side effects?

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Anyone try using an charger made for the ipod to charge their iPhone? Any side effects?

It's fine to use an iPod charger. In fact, when I was buying an "iPhone car charger", the Apple Store clerk asked if I already had an iPod charger. I told her I did, and she said that I could use that. That saved me a few bucks.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX

All my old iPod products - chargers, speakers etc., work with my iPhone. It pops up a message to say that the device is not approved and asks if you want to switch to airline mode, but that's it. Say yes or no, as you prefer, and it all works fine.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
The iPod input that I installed for my car a couple years ago works great! It charges the phone or iPod and allows me to listen to the iPod/control it through my steering wheel and car's display.

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Ok...I was just wanted to make sure cuz I didn't want to mess anything up. Because the ipod hook ups have the buttons you have push in to retract the metal hooks and the iPhone one doesn't.

Thanks

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
All my ipod car charger and radio dock will charge my phone too just fine. My only problem is my dock is not compatible and requires the phone to be in airplane mode if I want to listen to music :(. Looks like I gotta wait for a newer, compatible model...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.