Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenixx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Is it possible to have FrontRow recognize the iPod contents and add it to the library for music?

I can achieve this with videos by creating an alias of an external folder into the Movies folder, but I can't seem to do this with music..

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
fenixx said:
Is it possible to have FrontRow recognize the iPod contents and add it to the library for music?

I can achieve this with videos by creating an alias of an external folder into the Movies folder, but I can't seem to do this with music..
What do you want to do? If you've got the songs on your iPod, they're already on your computer. Why can't you play them in Front Row?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
If you switch your iPod to manually manage your songs, it shows up as a source in iTunes, and you can hook it up to other computers and play music from your iPod through the computer. I don't know if FR would pick up that source though since it segregates "Shared Music" from your local library.

B

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
balamw said:
If you switch your iPod to manually manage your songs, it shows up as a source in iTunes, and you can hook it up to other computers and play music from your iPod through the computer. I don't know if FR would pick up that source though since it segregates "Shared Music" from your local library.

B
Cool. I didn't actually know that! In that case, could I set my iPod to sync manually, then just drag my whole library to it, every time I want it to sync?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
wmmk said:
Cool. I didn't actually know that! In that case, could I set my iPod to sync manually, then just drag my whole library to it, every time I want it to sync?
Yup. Though you just hit update when you want to, no need to drag.

The main disadvantage is that no data is sent back from the iPod to iTunes (playcount, ratings, etc...)

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.