Using an Xbox 360 Controller on Bootcamp running Windows 7 64-Bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MillerQB1, Sep 20, 2012.

1. MillerQB1 macrumors newbie

Ok I've been searching through pretty much every forum on the net fot a clear answer to my question which is :

Is it possible to use an Xbox 360 Controller on Bootcamp, whether it's wired or wireless, I don't care. I just want to know if it can work.

First, I don't want to read things like : ''You should use mouse and keyboard bla bla bla...''. Have you ever tried to play NBA 2K12 or FIFA 12 with a mouse and keyboard?

It is also important to specify that my question refers strictly to Bootcamp, by the way I use Windows 7. I don't want to know if it works on OS whatever version, I've read enough about that.

So I have tried the wireless controller with the usb wire used to recharge, it doesn't work.

I have installed the Xbox 360 controller software provided by Microsoft already.

Does anybody know FOR SURE that a wired controller works with games such as the aforementioned, Skyrim, MLB 2K12... If anybody uses a wired 360 controller ON BOOTCAMP and doesn't have any problem, please let me know!!!

Is that thing called ''Wireless gaming adapter'' really works on Bootcamp? I haven't seen positive results specifically for Bootcamp, so then again if you use this device and it works, I want to know!! Also which model of this device are you using?

Other than that, would a PS3 controller, wired or not work on Bootcamp? Then again, I want to know if somebody uses it without any problems!

If it's impossible to have either a 360 or PS3 controller to work on Bootcamp, then and only then I want to know what are the best controllers working on Bootcamp.

Hope I have mentioned Bootcamp often enough!!!

Thanks guys!

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

A wired Xbox 360 controller will work with Windows 7 no problem. I've used an Xbox 360 controller for playing Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC and it worked flawlessly. I know that games that are certified for Games for Windows are made to that they can be played with a 360 controller with no additional configuration.

3. MillerQB1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Grannyville, but then again I would have guessed that on a PC, connecting an Xbox controller would be easy since it's Microsoft all over the place.

The thing is I wanna know if it will work for sure (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know this) on a Mac using bootcamp running Windows 7, that's the big issue here!!

Thanks anyways!

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Running Windows 7 on a Mac using Boot Camp is just like running Windows on another PC. Boot Camp doesn't virtualise Windows, like VMware or Parallels.

5. MillerQB1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok if you say so, I'll trust you and give it a try. I'll come back with the end result! Hopefully you are right!